Friday, February 22, 2019

Breakthrough

This blog has been largely dormant for 11 years.  It's purpose was to put my questions about my family background into the larger arena of the internet with the hope that someone may see them in a search.  It did not yield the results I initially hoped for at that time.

Since then my daughter gave me a DNA test kit from Ancestry.com for my birthday in December of 2017.  The results came last year and I was astounded by the doors it opened.  I finally found answers to some of the questions I had for so many years. I will use this blog now to write further on the findings not only of this test, but also the family tree I had been constructing since then.  It is all still in a beginning stage and each year I take out at least one month's membership with Ancestry.com so that I have greater access to their database.  Door continue to open. 

No comments: